Engineers are the professional which modify the life’s quality by altering the existing technology. So, a good engineering college acts as an incubator for the engineer’s technical mind.
Students may find it cumbersome process to choose the engineering college in major cities like Delhi / NCR which have numerous institutions.
The engineering enthusiasts must go through these factors to identify a good engineering college.
Placement – it is the most important criteria for a career-oriented engineering student. One should analyze the average package, type of companies and number of students placed while going through recruitment related information of a college.
Extracurricular activities – activities like sports events, social events and environment protection campaigns etc help students in networking which is quite essential in modern day education. Also, activities like industrial training, educational seminars and engineering workshops help a lot in enhancing student’s technical competency.
Research facilities – A good engineering institute boasts well-equipped engineering labs which have scientific apparatus as per the modern technological standards to help the innovative minds. Also, teaching methodology is research oriented in a nice engineering college. A student can check the lists of patents and research articles associated with the college which will give an insight on research related scenario of the institution.
Infrastructure – One can go through the campus to check the quality of classrooms, computer labs, auditorium and administrative office etc to get an idea about infrastructural quality of the college.
Faculty / Staff- A competent teacher focuses more deep understanding of subjects by students rather than just covering the subjects as per the curriculum. Students must make sure that the faculty in the college are suitable qualified along with proper experience. Also, number of professors, lab assistants, administrative staff etc should be sufficient in context to the number of students.
Incubation centers – Some engineering institutions also comprise of an incubation center which helps students in utilizing the commercial side of their innovative ideas. These centers help young entrepreneurs by providing them official space, mentors and funds (if required) to help them achieve their dreams.
Some steps through which one can identify the suitable engineering college in Delhi / NCR include:
- Search for alumni of the college using social media or other sources. They will provide the best advice on the overall quality of college.
- Visit the website of the college which comprises of the details associated with placements, research facilities, achievements and curriculum.
- Make sure that the college was not associated with negative news or incidents.
- If possible, try to visit the college to understand more about its infrastructure, administration and atmosphere. You may also get chance to interact with students and faculty of the college which guide you about the college.
- Take advice of a career counselor which will inform you thoroughly about pros and cons of engineering institutes and their courses.
Joining an engineering college is most important part of one’s career development. Therefore, choosing the right institute will enhance the competency and overall development of a student.